Although it seems difficult to happen and what you would rather not think about, the truth is that no one is exempt from becoming a victim of a tumor, so you need to know 5 factors that can promote their appearance.
- Bad eating habits
- High alcohol and tobacco consumption
- Lack of exercise
- Sedentary lifestyle
With regard to poor diet, scientific studies have shown that the consumption of saturated fatty acids – such as fried, batter or butters – is related to the onset of heart disease and overweight that can lead to tumor processes.
According to several epidemiological studies, almost 30 percent of cases diagnosed with cancer are related to inadequate diet and sedentary lifestyle.
How should an oncosaludable diet be
In order for your food to keep you away from cancer and tumors, check the characteristics that your diet should have according to the MD Anderson Cancer Center of Spain:
- Must be varied and balanced. You have to include vegetables, fruits, cereals, legumes, nuts, seeds, fish, raw olive oil (cooked loses its beneficial properties and becomes harmful) and 8 glasses of water a day.
- What you should avoid is the consumption of processed and fat meats, as well as the skins of poultry.
- It is also recommended to do 30 minutes of outdoor exercise every day.
Quality of life as a path to longevity
The state of health depends largely on the quality of life that we are able to live. And an example of these is the societies that usually register the highest level of long-lived people, with a high quality of life.
Some countries like Japan, China, or populations in the Ural Mountains, are some of the places where people have been found 100 years old or even a little more. These people were also in good health, manifesting a great quality of life.
Doctors and nutritionists found that this phenomenon are common factors that translate into:
- Food based on vegetables, fruits, and healthy meats such as fish.
- They had stress-free lifestyles dedicated to farming
- Maintained life goals despite their advanced ages
- Performed physical activities such as treks or ancient disciplines such as tai chi
- As a result of these factors, the rates of diseases such as cancer or alzheimer’s with low or almost nonexistent.
In contrast to the way of life in industrialized societies where junk food and sedentary lifestyle abound, and where heart disease abounds, one can deduce what is most favorable for a long life. Healthy eating, relaxed living and physical activity are factors that must be incorporated into daily routines.