At some point in life anyone can fall into sadness or depression. Overcoming this is a struggle that for some can be hard. In the most serious cases, sometimes it is necessary to resort to medication, but when the case is mild, there are ways by which you can achieve emotional well-being by yourself. There are positive ways to foster a positive mood.
To begin with, let me tell you three things that can make you feel good if you do them regularly: to become more self-aware, to practice self-love and to realize the infinite blessings and possibilities of your life.
However, while we consistently carry out these three basic points, we can fall back at any time and have periods of sadness or depression. So here are 30 ways that can get you out of the rut when that happens:
- Take a moment to reflect. Every time you feel depressed, think for a few minutes and analyze your feelings to get to its root and realize what is making you feel bad. Knowing the cause will help you fight the discomfort.
- Approach someone. Do not hold back for fear of being judged. Seek support in a trustworthy person who gives you his affection and to whom you can tell him how you are feeling. Friends will always have ideas on how to make you feel better.
- Listen to music. Music helps to calm the pain and brings peace and tranquility. Listen to your favorite music and you will see the favorable effect on your mood.
- Play with pets. Animals of any species bring us happiness when we are happy, but also when we suffer or feel sad.
- Go for a walk. Walking outdoors for a while helps your mind clear and makes you feel better.
- Take something healthy and invigorating. An orange juice has the properties needed to fill you with energy and make you feel better soulfully.
- Write. Putting your feelings in writing will help you recognize them and make you aware of what is making you feel bad.
- Take a nap. Have you noticed how it improves your mood after a little sleep? Take a few minutes and recharge your energy with a little nap.
- Plan a fun activity: When we are sad, it is best to do activities that fill us with excitement and rejoicing. Plan an activity that you like, it can be from something simple to something more complicated like a trip of weekend, why not? There are many places near the place where you live that you can meet and will help you to distract you.
- Do something spontaneous. Break the routine and get into action with something exciting and unplanned.
- Look at old photos or take some new ones. Seeing pictures of good memories of the past is a good way to say goodbye to sadness. You can also go outside and take some. If you use the applications that make the photos seen as taken by a professional, you will feel quite happy and proud of the result obtained.
- Embrace someone. According to several studies, embracing greatly improves mood, reduces stress and can cure depression.
- Laugh. According to experts, laughter immunizes against depression and distress. According to Freud, the father of psychoanalysis, laughter helps to release negative energies.
- Cry. It sounds a little contradictory, but crying is also a way to feel good, because thanks to it, the hormones of well-being are released and the levels of distress are reduced. It’s like a natural tranquilizer. After weeping we enter into a state of relaxation.
- Watch a funny video on Youtube. Movies and comedy series are highly recommended, but if you are in the office and obviously do not have time to see a complete movie, turn to our good friend Youtube and look for a video that makes you have a good time. There are thousands!
- Change your negative thoughts to positive ones. This is one of the ways that I most practical. When something makes me feel bad or starts to slow my mood, I try to change it, leave it behind and replace it with something that makes me feel good.
And you, do you have any other method to get out of the saddle of sadness? Share it in the comments!